Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trees


I LOOOVE Christmas trees. I mostly love the smell but also I love decorating them and just staring at them--they make beautiful night lights (could I use that as an excuse to keep it up all year? :)
This year was the first year that I got to have my very own Christmas tree and lemme tell ya--its a doozy! I had been begging Joey to let us get a tree immediately when we got back from Wisconsin but he said we had to wait at least until we were into December a ways. I pouted and dropped the issue.

On the evening of December the 1st I was teaching catechism at church. This gave Joey the perfect chance to sneak in a tree. Normally-I am NEVER gone, especially in the evenings so he took advantage of the situation. Anyway-I arrived home at sometime later that evening and opted against the stairs. When the elevator doors opened up to our floor I was SO excited to see buckets of needles outside the doors. I traipsed down the hallway following a trail of needles:) I am quite sure that I felt how Hansel and Gretel felt as they tracked the cookie crumbs. To my dismay the trail stopped at the apartment just before mine. I sadly opened the door but SURPRISE he had gotten me a 7 ft tall Christmas tree:) We then let Christmas descend upon our humble abode. Since we don't decorate seasonally we are rather proud of our decor this year!! We also hung a wreath on our door, a festive candle on a side table, bought a poinsettia plant, and I made an arrangement for our mantle. Maybe it will someday inspire me to decorate for other seasonal holidays? I doubt it.

We wrapped a plastic bag full of socks for Marcy to open.
She LOVES crinkley things so we're pretty sure she'll love it!
We could not get her to smile!



1 comment:

  1. Clothing commentary: Joey's? Not so stylish. Marcy's? Beautiful. I love the plaid jumper thing. Wonderful pics - oh year, and nice tree.

    ReplyDelete